Thursday, March 25, 2010

ownership of legends?

Games chief has beef with dietary diktat was a fun story to do. Do read and post your comments.
For this story, I tried finding a sports historian but failed miserably. I mailed Ram Guha but he says he doesn't comment on sports anymore. No other name cropped up during the process of writing the story except noted columnists who were at one point in time journalists! Had to avoid, but really, there aren't plenty of sports historians in this country? No wonder we are such a pathetic nation when it comes to sports! And, no, leave cricket out. This is not the only sport we got! Honestly, I have lost all my interest in the game after IPL. I hate the Shilpa Shetty's and Zinta's of the world owning a team. Do you know what that means? Owning a team is owning everyone who is in it. My question is: Can a legend like Tendulkar be owned? Don't you think it is blasphemous?
I so so hate IPL!

No comments:

So it came back, like a torrent rising from within, not letting her breathe, not letting her live. She thought she could be the sea, the mas...